The 1st International Design and Research Conference
December 11th – 12th, 2020
7th International Design competition
organized by Aditya College of Architecture, Borivali, Mumbai.
The conference aims to investigate the Sustainable Built Environment through Re-purposing the waste through innovative design strategies and policies.
Today the production and consumption of material due to urbanization and modernization has increase extensively than any time in human history. If it continues the world may see a five-fold increase in waste generated by the year 2025 leading to degrading the ecology and biodiversity. Architecture can contribute to create new opportunities and re-establish the lost environmental balance.
The International Design Research Conference (IDRC -2020) will entail eminent keynote speakers who will showcase their work and share their knowledge on the subject.
It will cover an array of topics that will enables the Students, Academicians and Practitioners to showcase their notions, hypotheses and ideologies evolved and devised through research and practice. Researchers, educators, Architects, government officials, consultants, students and others are invited to submit papers for oral or poster presentation session at the Conference.
The papers and poster accepted and presented at the Conference will be published in the Conference Proceedings with ISSN number.
The theme of the conference is ARCHITECTURE THOUGH REPURPOSE – A Purposeful Approach Towards Built Environments.
- Architecture as a devise to reduce waste
- Energy efficient design strategies
- Prototype Design for sustainable built environment
- Possibilities of reusing the construction waste of old building
- Innovative Project Management strategies
- Alternative Materials and Techniques
- Management of resources.
The eminent speakers finalized are:
- Ar. Ashok Lall, Principal Architect at Ashok B Lall Architects;
- Ar. Chitra Vishwanath, BIOME, Bangalore, India;
- Ar. Chinthaka Wickramage, Chinthaka Wickramage Associates, Sri Lanka;
- Ar. Dean D’Cruz, Mozaic, Goa, India;
- Sir Philippe Samyn, Samyn & Partners, Brussels, Belgium.
Registration opens from: 16th Aug.’2020
Deadline for submission of Abstract: 7th Oct.’2020
Deadline for the final paper and Poster submission: 22nd Oct.’2020
For further details and registration kindly visit http://adityacampus.org/idrc/
For any inquiries regarding the program, please contact: email@example.com