CALL FOR PAPER
PAWEES-INWEPF JOINT INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE 2015 (PIJIC2015) (Scopus/ISI indexed)
19th to 21st August 2015; Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
CONFERENCE WEBSITE: http://submit.confbay.com/
PAWEES stand for Paddy and Water Environment Engineering Society pawees.net). PAWEES produce PWE Journal, a Springer publication. INWEPF is the International Network for Water and Ecosystems in Paddy Fields (http://www.maff.go.jp/e/
As a follow-up to the Kaohsiung Declaration during the PAWEES 2014 conference held in Taiwan from 30th-31st October 2014 and INWEPF 11th Steering Committee Meeting held in Hanoi Vietnam from 4th-6th November 2014, INWEPF Malaysia and Universiti Putra Malaysia are happy to announce the PAWEES-INWEPF Joint International Conference to be held in Kuala Lumpur from 19th to 21st August 2015.
AIMS AND SCOPES
The conference objective is to create an interactive platform for paddy and water environment related researchers, scientists, practitioners, policy makers and other professionals from Asia-Pacific Region and around the world to share and present their new advances, research findings, perspectives and experiences in response to, but not limited to, sustainable water and environmental management.
The conference focuses on the general theme “Solutions for Sustainable Water and Environmental Management” accompanied with the following topics:
Topic 1: Technology for sustainable water use and agricultural development.
Topic 2: Modernization of irrigation and drainage schemes.
Topic 3: Establishment of sustainable paddy farming for food security and poverty alleviation.
Topic 4: Water quality management for agriculture and environment.
Topic 5: Integrated watershed management.
Topic 6: Droughts and flood disaster risk management.
Theme of student sessions: Technology for sustainable water and environmental management.
The official language of the conference will be English. All abstracts, papers and posters should be submitted in English.
Full Paper Deadline: 15 July 2015 (the author has to submit an abstract before the full paper deadline)
Acceptance Notification: 15 July 2015
Camera-ready Paper Deadline: 15 July 2015
Although the deadline of abstract submission has been due on 15th July 2015, scientific committee of the conference extended invitation to those who are still interested in participating in the conference. Some updated information related to the registration, paper submission and payment are as the following:
1. Authors are firstly required to register online through the following link:
You may proceed for full registration, full paper submission (presenter) or check your status (for participant) after you have logged in. In case you have not registered as a user, simply click on the link Register. You are advised to check your spam folder regularly for email notifications.
2. The scientific committee of the conference will be responsible for evaluating the submitted abstracts/papers. The notification of acceptance will be sent after the decision made by the scientific committee. Authors of accepted abstract and/or papers are then requested to submit their full papers. Only accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings. The accepted papers will then be published after peer-review in Jurnal Teknologi (Scopus indexed). The organizing committee will also consider a limited number of selected full papers to be published after peer-review in the International Journal of PADDY AND WATER ENVIRONMENT (For 2014, the journal has an Impact Factor 1.151 and is categorized as Q2 under Agronomy and Q3 under Agricultural Engineering; ISSN print edition: 1611-2490; ISSN electronic edition: 1611-2504). The conference proceedings can be collected at the registration desk. Student sessions will be operated separately.
3. Authors are required to refer to the following link for full paper format (including camera ready):
4. At least one of the authors of accepted papers must register as conference participant. The registration fees are USD 300 for international participants and MYR 900 for local participants; and USD 100 (MYR 300) for students and accompanying persons. Registered delegates and participants shall be provided with a conference bag (program book and proceedings), snacks, lunches and reception dinner, attendance in the opening program, and a field trip. Payments should be made payable to: Malaysian Society of Agricultural Engineers, CIMB Bank Acct. No. 8002150497, SWIFT Code CIBBMYKL. Issuance of receipts will be made during registration. Please email transaction slip to email@example.com or fax to +603-89486425
(Email Subject: Payment For Paper PIJIC2015-59 at PAWEES-INWEPF Joint International Conference 2015)
5. You are advised to check your spam folder regularly for updated email notifications regarding the conference. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at
Secretariat PIJIC 2015
Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering,
Faculty of Engineering, Universiti Putra Malaysia,
Serdang 43400 Selangor, MALAYSIA.