INTERNATIONAL UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAM
The International undergraduate program in the Faculty of Engineering Universitas Indonesia (FTUI) is a furtherance of high quality education to produce engineering graduates with abilities to compete internationally by providing students with the opportunity to experience an international education at a relatively lower cost. Students will also benefit from the international exposure they will receive not only in diversity of culture and language but also in establishing international networking. Currently FTUI held two programs of international undergraduate, the joint degree and the single degree program for seven study programs.
The undergraduate international single degree program was launched in 2011 as a result of an increasing demand to provide an international quality education locally. Students in this program are not obligated to continue their last four semester of study at one of our partner universities like their classmates who wishes to pursue a double degree. However, students of single degree program are required to do Study Abroad for a period between one to four semesters at an overseas university. The aims are to widen the international perspective of the students, to have experience to study in an overseas university, to enhance language capability, to enhance cross-cultural adaptability.
Study Programs Offered:
- Civil Engineering (Single & Joint Degree Program)
- Mechanical Engineering (Single & Joint Degree Program)
- Electrical Engineering (Single & Joint Degree Program)
- Metallurgy & Material (Single & Joint Degree Program)
- Architecture (Single & Joint Degree Program)
- Chemical Engineering (Single & Joint Degree Program)
- Industrial Engineering (Single & Joint Degree Program)
Type of Program:
Joint Degree Program
- The Joint Degree Program is designed for study period of 4 years: 4 – 6 semesters in FTUI and 2 – 4 semesters in Partner University.
- The maximum duration of study period is 12 semesters (6 years)
- Graduate of this program will receive Bachelor of Engineering/ Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Design/ Bachelor of Applied Science degree from Partner University and Sarjana Teknik (S.T.) or Sarjana Arsitektur (S.Ars) from UI.
Eligible students are allowed to continue their study to our partner university to continue towards their degree there if the students fulfill the following requirements:
- Achieved a minimum GPA of 3.00 or 3.20 (for Monash University) at the end of their fourth semester in UI.
- Have taken and passed all required subjects as listed in the curriculum with a minimum C.
- Before continuing their study, students should fulfill the minimum English proficiency as follow: achieved a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 with no bands lower than 6.0 or TOEFL iBT score of 80 with no bands lower than 20.
Single Degree Program
- The Single Degree Program is designed for study period of 4 years (8 semesters) within UI.
- Students are required to do Study Abroad for a period of one to four semesters at an overseas university with academic link or cooperation with Universitas Indonesia (during semesters 5 – 7). The list of universities can be found here: http://international.ui.ac.id/international-engagement.html
- The maximum duration of study period is 12 semesters (6 years).
- Graduate of this program will receive Sarjana Teknik (S.T.) or Sarjana Arsitektur (S.Ars) from Universitas Indonesia.
- Before finishing their study, students should fulfill the minimum English proficiency as follow: achieved a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 or TOEFL iBT score of 75.
- National Board of Accreditation
- ASEAN University Network (AUN) Accreditation
- Queensland University of Technology (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical Engineering and Architecture)
- University of Queensland (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Industrial Engineering)
- Monash University (Civil, Mechanical, Metallurgy & Materials & Chemical Engineering)
- Deakin University (Civil Engineering)
- Curtin University (Civil, Electrical, Metallurgy & Materials, Chemical Engineering and Architecture)
- University of Duissburg Essen (Civil, Electrical, Metallurgy & Materials Engineering)
- Bachelor of Engineering (QUT, UQ, Curtin University, Monash University, Deakin University)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Curtin University – Architecture)
- Bachelor of Design (QUT – Architecture)
- Bachelor of Science (University of Duisburg-Essen, Jerman)
- Sarjana Teknik (UI)
- Sarjana Arsitektur (UI)
Fast Track Scheme:
FT UI students with brilliant academic achievements can participate in the Fast Track program. In this program, FTUI’s undergraduate students in semesters 7 & 8 are allowed to take several Master program courses. Courses that can be taken and other requirements are specified by the Study Program in a way that the students can directly pursue Master program in FTUI and complete the program in 1 year. Thus, the total time needed to complete both undergraduate and master programs is 5 years.
This Undergraduate International Program gave the students the opportunity to have an international standard engineering education with a relatively cheaper cost than going abroad for the whole undergraduate program.
Download Academic Guidebook 2019
Faculty Academic Guidebook: English Version; Edisi Bahasa Indonesia
Download Fees for Indonesian Students
Download Education Fees for Foreign Students
Download Undergraduate International Program Brochure
For further information, please contact:
Office of PR & Protocol
PAF Building, 1st floor
Faculty of Engineering Universitas Indonesia
Kampus UI Depok, 16424, Indonesia
Phone. +62-21-78888430 ext. 118
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com