The Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) Professional Fellows Program (PFP) offers a chance for successful applicants to participate in a fully-funded six-week professional fellowship program in the United States from April 20 – May 29, 2020.
Additional information can be found on our website http://professionalfellows.americancouncils.org/ and those interested can apply online for the program at https://ais.americancouncils.org/pfp. The application for the spring 2020 program will close on November 1, 2019.
About the YSEALI Professional Fellows Program: We are seeking young professionals ages 25-35 who are citizens and residents of Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, or Vietnam. We are looking for emerging leaders who work on issues related to economic empowerment and are fluent in English. Successful applicants will come on a fully-funded trip to the United States and will be placed in full-time professional fellowships based on the fellows’ professional interest and experience.
Fellows come from a variety of professional backgrounds including:
• The business world – Members who are active in developing corporate social responsibility or efforts to mentor under represented populations in business and other similar themes could be eligible.
• Social innovation and social entrepreneurship organizations
• Government offices – including local government, regional development agencies, national policy offices, and offices working to increase the presence of underrepresented citizens in the economy
• NGOs – including those increasing the role marginalized populations in the economy and workforce, building financial literacy and supporting other important efforts around economic empowerment
• Universities – incubators, accelerators, university-based centers or programs focusing on business development, financial literacy, tourism or economic development
Professional Fellows Programs
American Councils for International Education
1828 L Street N.W., Suite 1200
Washington, D.C. 20036