24 lecturers and 18 students of the Department of Mechanical Engineering, FTUI dominated the awards and winners in the series of events of the 20th Annual National Seminar on Mechanical Engineering (SNTTM) and the 3rd International Symposium on Advances and Innovation in Mechanical Engineering (ISAIME) and the Annual National Design Competition. The 11th Machine Build (LNT-RBM) organized by the Indonesian Mechanical Engineering Cooperation Agency (BKS-TM).
This series of events was held at Hasanuddin University, Makassar on October 13, 2022, with the theme “New & Renewable Energy-Based Maritime Technology.” It was recorded that 9 awards from the three events were successfully obtained by the FTUI DTM group.
In the 11th Annual National Machine Design Contest (LNT-RBM), the FTUI DTM Student team under the guidance of Prof. Dr. Ario Sunar Baskoro and Dr. Ahmad Syihan, managed to achieve the following achievements:
- With the presentation theme of LUNARIA (Larantuka Aqua’s Petal Wave Power Plant): Implementation of Ocean Wave Power Plant in the Larantuka Strait, East Nusa Tenggara, the team led by Mohammad Ilham Aziz (Machine ’20) won 1st place and was awarded the Best Presentation category . The LUNARIA team consists of Aleg Restu Pridana Putra (Machine ’20), Josiah Enrico Syefatiawan (Machine ’19), and Stefanus Manuel (Machine ’20).
- With the theme LOOPSTER, Lobster Shrimp Aquaculture System Powered by Ocean Waves, the second team led by Shafa Zahira Malik (Machine ’20) won an award in the Best Functionality category. The LOOPSTER team consists of Alia Rizqika Putri (Machine ’20), Muhammad Raditya Prakoso (Machine ’20), and Nandini Septi Noviandari (Machine ’20).
In addition to the proud achievements achieved in LNT-RBM, the FTUI DTM team also won many awards in SNTTM and ISAIME 2022. These achievements include:
1. Three Best Presentation Awards : 20th Annual National Seminar on Mechanical Engineering (SNTTM).
- Room 1 (Energy): Dr. Imansyah Ibn Hakim
- Room 2 (Energy): Muhammad Mizan
- Room 3 (Mechanical Design and Application): Dr. Hendri DS Budiono
2. Best Presentation : International Symposium on Advances and Innovation in Mechanical Engineering (ISAIME)
- Room 6 (Energy): Titin Trisnadewi
- Room 8 (Design and Applied Mechanics): Yudan Whulanza
- Room 9 (Manufacture): Laksita Aji Safitri
- Room 11 (Material Science): Reza Adyanto Nugroho
The series of activities began with the BKS-TM Member Meeting on October 12, 2022. The event was opened by the Governor of South Sulawesi, Bpk. H. Andi Sudirman Sulaiman, S.T., and attended by the Chancellor of Hasanuddin University Prof. Dr. Ir. Jamaluddin Jompa, M.Sc. and leaders of the University and the Faculty of Engineering UNHAS. Furthermore, the Deliberation was led by the Secretary General of BKS-TM Prof. Ario Sunar Baskoro who is Professor of DTM FTUI. In this deliberation event, 17 new permanent members of BKS-TM were determined, bringing the number of Permanent Members of BKS-TM in 2022 to 146 Universities/Colleges of Mechanical Engineering Study Program.
Public Communication Bureau
Faculty of Engineering, Universitas Indonesia