Sumitomo Electric Group currently have started accepting applications for the Global Internship Program 2019 which will run from May 27, 2019 to August 2, 2019.
The link is Sumitomo Electric Global Internship Program 2019.
Sumitomo Electric Global Internship Program 2019
Sumitomo Electric is offering a unique program that gives students the opportunity to gain practical experience at our R&D labs and corporate headquarters in Japan. The internship will start on May 27, 2019 and end on August 2, 2019 (10 weeks) in Osaka, Itami or Yokohama, Japan. It is possible to amend your internship period on a case-by-case basis, please contact us for details. Full time opportunities may be (or are) available for some positions after the completion of internship program.
For the intern working in Japan, we will provide the followings:
- Airplane ticket: A roundtrip airplane ticket (coach/economy class) between a country of your university and Japan will be provided, where all the expenses will be paid by the Company.
- Accommodation: Accommodation will be provided by the Company.
- Commuting Pass: Rail Pass that allows you to travel from the location of accommodation to your work location in Japan.
- Meals: Most meals will be provided (breakfast and dinner will be provided from Sunday night to Friday night; lunch will be provided at your work location on regular business work days).
- Travel Insurance: A travel insurance will be provided to cover up to a certain amount for illness, injury, cancellation & delays, and lost, stolen, or damages luggage during your internship.
- Living Allowance: Salary is not paid for this internship. However, you shall receive an amount of ¥10,000 (JPY) per week plus a one-time lump sum of ¥20,000 (JPY) after tax deducted as required by applicable law, for the duration of your internship to assist your living cost in Japan.
We will be at following job fairs:
- Career Fair at National University of Singapore (NUS) on February 1, 2019
- Internship and Summer Job Fair at University of California at Berkeley (UCB) on January 30 and 31, 2019
- Career Fair at Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in Singapore on February 12, 2019
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume, and application form through these links below by February 24, 2019. You may apply maximum of two positions. Please note that your application will not be considered if you apply three or more positions. Selection will be based on resume screening of applications and interviews. We will start interviewing candidates by the end of March. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
General Qualifications for All Positions:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (Japanese is not required unless specified in each job description)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and sensitive information
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work on a PC environment
- Ability to travel to Japan for this internship
- If you are a doctorate student or working on a project with your advisor, please make sure to get a permission to apply for this program from your advisor prior to submitting your application
Additional qualifications are specified on a Job Description of each position.
Here are openings for summer 2019.
- AI Technology Trial Intern (IO1) in Osaka, Japan
- Cable Development and Data Analysis Intern (OF1) in Yokohama, Japan
- Cloud Server Platform Architecture Intern (PS4) in Osaka, Japan
- Data Analysis for Cutting Tools Intern (AM2) in Itami, Japan
- Device Simulation and Measurement Intern (PD1) in Osaka, Japan
- IoT Data Analysis for Power Systems Intern (PS2) in Osaka, Japan
- IoT Indoor Positioning, Human Behavior Sensing, and Modeling Intern (IO2) in Osaka, Japan
- Machining and Crystallography Intern (AM1) in Itami, Japan
- Machining: Development of Cutting Tool Using 3d Printer (Additive Manufacturing) Intern (AM3) in Itami, Japan
- Material Analysis Intern (AT1) in Itami, Japan
- Model-based Development Intern (AA1) in Osaka, Japan
- Optical Fiber Component Intern (OC1) in Yokohama, Japan
- Power System Design and Analysis Intern (PS1) in Osaka, Japan
- Radio Communication System Intern (IN1) in Osaka, Japan
- Redox Flow Battery Intern (PS3) in Osaka, Japan
- Semiconductor Device Intern (TD1) in Itami, Japan
- Global Human Resources Intern (HR1) in Osaka, Japan
- Human Resources at Three Factories Intern (HR7) in Osaka, Itami, and Yokohama, Japan
- Human Resources Development (Training) Global Planning Intern (HR4) in Osaka, Japan
- Human Resources Development (Training) Group Intern (HR5) in Osaka, Japan
- Human Resources: Diversity and Inclusion Promotion Intern (HR3) in Osaka, Japan
- Human Resources: Global Mobility Group Intern (HR2) in Osaka, Japan
- Human Resources: Payroll and IT Integration Intern (HR6) in Osaka, Japan
About Sumitomo Electric Group
Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. is a recognized global technology leader with over 250,000 employees working at around 390 group companies in 40 countries. Building on more than 120 years of innovation, today Sumitomo Electric is engaged in diversified business activities that support people’s daily lives and industries in five business segments: automotive, infocommunications, electronics, environment & energy, and industrial materials. To learn more about Sumitomo Electric, please visit https://global-sei.com. You can watch videos from our past interns and corporate profile from our YouTube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/SumitomoElectric/). Follow us on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric). You can read what our past interns are saying about the internship program on a special Global Internship Page (http://global-sei.com/careers/internship/).